You’ve been so caught up in your wedding planning, that you totally forget to do some of the most important things! These things allow you to remain relatively stress free on your wedding day. Not sure what they are. I have put together a list of 8 things that will essentially, help your day, be less stressful and as perfect as is possible! This list is applicable for both Brides and Grooms.
1. Get a good night’s sleep.- Don’t have your bachelorette or bachelor party the night before. The last thing you want to do is be hung over the day of your wedding, same with the Rehearsal dinner, watch how much alcohol you consume. I know, all of your friends are in town and you want to party with them and have fun, but you can do that on your wedding day! We all know that when a person is tired, they tend to be grumpy and you won’t have a happy day if you are in a lousy mood. Make sure you get to bed early and even if you are too nervous to sleep, at least rest. You can read a book that might help to make you drowsy, but try to relax yourself enough to sleep.
2. Make sure you eat – I know, you say, you are too nervous to eat, but if you don’t eat you may end up passing out or becoming light-headed at the altar, from lack of food or drink and we don’t want that to happen to you! Make sure you eat a good breakfast or while you are getting ready, make sure you have bagels, fruit, etc. around to munch on. If you get married later in the day, then you may want to have sandwiches or a deli platter available for everyone who is there getting ready. This way, not only will you be fed, your bridal party will too! Also, make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, last thing you need to do on a hot day is pass out from lack of water.
3. Give yourself enough time, so that you aren’t rushed on your wedding day – Hopefully you have a Wedding Planner or hired a “Day of Wedding Coordinator” for the Wedding Day. If you have, good for you! If you aren’t aware of it, a Wedding Planner/Coordinator will help make sure your day runs smoothly by utilizing a timeline for you and your family and bridal party. They will print out copies for all involved, so they know what is happening and when. This allows you to stay on time and relaxed. You’ve waited for this all your life and the last thing you need to do is worry about things. This is the time to have fun and soak it all in, because the day will fly by, faster than you realize.
4. Don’t wait until the last-minute – If you need a haircut, massage, pedicure or manicure. Don’t wait until your wedding day to do it. Take a day or two before your wedding day to pamper yourself. This is for the guys as well as the girls. We all need downtime and this will allow you to relax and not be running around on the big day!
5. Have someone be your go between – Again, if you have a wedding planner, you won’t need to appoint someone as your go between, but in the event you don’t have a wedding planner and have things you need to complete the day of your wedding, see if you can get a member or members of your bridal party to help out. They always want to know how they can help and this is one way!
6. Relish every minute of the day – From the minute you wake up until the minute you go to sleep, relish everything that happens on your wedding day. Remember opening your love’s wedding gift and how you felt when you saw it, remember the look on your mother/fathers face when they saw you in your wedding outfit, remember the smell of your flowers and the beauty of the arrangements, remember the happiness you are feeling today. Remember all the little things, because before you know it the day will be gone.
7. Make a point to speak and greet every guest – You invited your guests for a reason and love them all. Make sure you remember to give them a hug, a kiss or a kind word or thank you and how happy you are they were able to spend their day with you celebrating. We all know how important it is to feel needed and wanted.
8. Eat, Drink, Dance and Enjoy – Celebrate! You are now married to the love of your life and time to relax and enjoy! Make sure to eat, so that if you are having a few drinks, you won’t become tipsy. Drink, but try to control the amount. You don’t want to forget about your day, because you are too drunk to remember it. Dance as much as you can and enjoy this day! You’ve invested a lot of time and money into this, so make sure to take advantage of all the good things happening today!